For the safety of our participants and our community, the YMCA of Southwestern IN, in partnership with ProRehab and Tri-State OrthopaedicSurgeons, have decided to move the 5K/10K to a virtual event. This decision was not taken lightly and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment that this may cause. The safety and health of our participants, volunteers, spectators and community is our top priority.
2020 5K/10K registered participants can select one of the following options:
- VIRTUAL RACE: Complete the 2020 5K/10K from anywhere and at any time before August 29. Simple run or walk the distance of your chosen race, then submit your time. We’ll ship your 2020 race shirt and sponsor swag to your door. Don’t worry if this is your first virtual race! We’ll share more details, step-by-step instructions, helpful hints and plenty of reminders along the way.
- DEFERRAL: You can rollover your registration to next year’s 5K/10K race (Date is TBD). There’s no cost or registration fees to defer your registration. NOTE: Participants that are registered for the Series will not be able to defer only one or two races from the Series. If you choose to defer your Series, it will be for all 2020 events (5K/10K, 15K & Evansville Half Marathon presented by German American Bank) to our 2021 events.
- DONATE: Help the YMCA of Southwestern IN minimize the economic impact of COVID-19 by donating your registration. The YMCA of Southwestern IN continues to serve the community daily by providing 17,315+ meals to our community, 20,512+ hours of childcare, 1,395+ wellness checks, 67,047+ virtual Y visits and much more
Other Important Information:
- Please submit your selection by August 15 at 11:59 pm CST.
- Participants who do not respond with this form by the deadline date will default to “Donate” their registration.
- Please submit one form per participant. We are unable to accept forms on behalf of families or groups.
- If you are registered for the Series, to be eligible for the 2020 Series Medal, participants must participate in the 5K/10K virtual option.
Lastly…at this time, we still are planning to host the 15K (September 12), Evansville Half Marathon presented by German American Bank and the Race Day 8K (October 3) as in-person events. You do have the option to participate virtually in these races as well.
Please use this link to select your option.
If you have additional questions or would like to inquire about refunds, please contact Meghan at firstname.lastname@example.org.